Monday, April 28, 2014

Arrived at North Pekin

Arrived at Ally Schoenbein's home in North Pekin, IL. Between my send off at Eli's Coffee Shop and talking with Andrew Bazzati and Scott Witzig...and reconfiguring my 75 lb backpack the window closed too quickly to get to N. Pekin by nightfall. My mom insisted on driving me to Ally's and I agreed for safety purposes to cheat a bit this one time. Hopefully the purists out there won't tar and feather me! Anyway, tomorrow I will walk from here in North Pekin, IL to Banner, IL a distance of 18 miles. I have no idea where I am going to spend the night there. Anticipating dropping into Boss Hogs tavern there and inquire as to whether any of the patrons will let me set up my tent in their back yard. Rain forecasted for tomorrow as well. Yippie! Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment