Monday, July 18, 2016

Took Amy P Down To The ER Yet Again For Severe Ab Pain

Spent all last night and this early morning down at St Anthony's ER in Lakewood, CO with Amy P. She took too much ibuprofen for her TMJ pain and had severe abdominal pain because of it. Apparently, ibuprofen "tears" up your stomach as the doctor told us.

She is doing fine now resting comfortably. Thanks to Mike and June Horner who ran us down the Hill and stayed with us until Amy was out of danger.

I'm staying home today to watch over her while the Horners are working on their son's home remodeling project.

In other news: I have decided to wait until the early spring thaw to set out for the Pacific Northwest. It's just getting too late to negotiate the mountain passes in the Cascades. So, this will give me the needed time to train for this 1400 mile leg of my 2014 trek across America.

For my Colorado peeps...Calvary Church is putting on a summer concert at the Idaho Springs ballfields this Friday July 22nd. Should be a lot of fun worshipping outside next to the Canyon! Hope to see you all there!

Got some big news for everyone following my blog. Announcement to be made later this week in another post. Major development to be sure!

Please pray for Amy P who is trying to manage her chronic pain resulting from her TMJ and her fibroid tumors. It's almost debilitating at this point.

Joe Eaton, my erstwhile friend, confidant and HVAC man will be examining the "furnace" over at the Anglican Church in order to assess the need for a replacement or repair. Susan, the church administrator, says the furnace was installed during the Iron Age, so I'm thinking it needs to be replaced. We will need it to be in working condition for the upcoming winter months. My church, Calvary Idaho Springs, will...hopefully, be meeting there soon.

Lord willing, I will be preaching at Calvary Evergreen Church sometime in August so I'm preparing my sermon for that great opportunity.

Also, I'm hoping to speak at the Cursillo in Quincy IL in late September. Looking forward to getting back there again! Will stay with Jimmy Burns my good Irish friend from Unity Church. Expenses to be paid by a good friend who runs one of the Men's Groups at St Francis Catholic Church in Quincy.

Well, gotta go. Talk to you later this week! Peace to y'all!

BR Schoenbein
July 17, 2016- Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment