Friday, April 7, 2017

Amy And Me And Baby Makes Three!

Breaking news from Wall Street in Idaho Springs, Colorado:

Amy is now officially 2 months pregnant. We got the news at her doctors office yesterday; but we suspected as much 2 months ago with the onset of reoccurring nausea and other symptoms.

Starting soon Amy will be undergoing genetic testing to determine the probability of certain genetic abnormalities that sometimes accompany women over 35 years who become pregnant. Amy is 37.

Amy and I were stunned to see the image of our baby up on the sonogram screen. To think, that we are bringing a new life into the world is amazing to us!

Please pray for us that baby Schoenbein will be born without genetic abnormalities and that he or she will be completely healthy.

The baby will be Amy's first and my fourth. I will have to relearn how to take care of a newborn which is a daunting prospect for a man of my years. The baby's due date is November 16 which coincidentally is my birthday. On that date I will turn 58 years old. I never thought I would become a new father this late in life. But, that's how life is. Full of new possibilities and forks in the road as it were.

Amy and I are embarking on yet another new adventure...a new road is looming up ahead. As I have said ad nauseum life is all about saying hello and goodbye.

Soon, in 32 weeks or so we will be saying "hello" to our new son or daughter who will change our lives forever. And, I will be saying goodbye to continuing my walk across America for good which for me is a sad development.

But, I have gained so much more than I ever thought possible when I stepped out of the house in Illinois and threw on my backpack and ended up a thousand miles west in a little mountain town in Colorado.

We are looking forward to this new advent of life as we set our faces towards November.

Please, again keep Amy, me and the baby in your prayers.

Yours,

BR Schoenbein
Amy Schoenbein
Baby Schoenbein

April 7, 2017- Friday

2 comments: