Monday, October 10, 2016

Josh and Emily Nelson Family Attended Calvary Idaho Springs Last Night

The Nelsons including Josh his wife Emily and their daughters, Sierra and Brook attended Calvary Idaho Springs last evening. The sermon was on Song of Solomon Chapter 7. We will be finishing up on Song of Solomon with next week's study on Chapter 8. I preached Chapter 8 at Unity Church in Quincy, Illinois a couple of weeks ago.

Afterwards, Amy and I went out to dinner with the Nelsons at Beau Jos. We had a great evening of fellowship and food.

Josh and I discussed an employment situation with his employer in Denver. His dad, Rich, also works for this tree removal company.

It's a spraying and sales position which would come open next spring. I have worked in tree removal sales before with Nelson Tree Service so I would definitely be comfortable in that position.

Of course, that would mean postponing my walk once again. But, Amy and I need to build up our bank account to help finance our future hike across America. My only worry is that I would become too comfortable with getting back to my old habits and lifestyle. But, I would be re-entering the mainstream armed with the wisdom I gained by my walk experiences crossing the Great Plains in foot. 

Josh is my very best friend in Colorado and my former pastor as well. Our church, Mercy Bible, ordained and sent me out to Idaho Springs. In fact, I wanted to go to Estes Park to start my mountain ministry, but, Pastor Josh had other ideas. He wanted me start out closer to home in Englewood by proclaiming the Gospel in Idaho Springs.

After a brief tussle over this issue I relented and went to Idaho Springs and the rest is, as they say, history. I made a lot of new friends, brothers and sisters in Idaho Springs and preached in every church in Clear Creek County with only a few exceptions.

And, then there is Amy P! I would never had met her if not for Pastor Josh's insistence on starting in Idaho Springs.

To date, Amy and I have not found housing in Idaho Springs so unless something happens soon we will be moving away from Idaho Springs, possibly to Conifer or Denver. 

We have to leave the Horner House soon after our wedding. The Horner's need their house back because of their son's upcoming wedding along with Thanksgiving and Christmas because of a large influx of relatives coming to stay.

We love the Horner's and will miss living with them. They have become great friends to be sure!

So, if any of you are so inclined, please pray for Amy and I in the area of housing in Idaho Springs and job opportunities for me.

The first pic shows Pastor Josh and Pastor Craig. Second pic is of Emily holding little Brook. Amy is on the right and Pastor Craig and Christie's daughter, Audrey is in the foreground. 

Next pic is of little Sierra Nelson. Then the following pic shows, Jason, Pastor Craig and Christie's son. The next photo shows William the Babcock's eldest son. Last photo is Jason again posing as he usually does.

Grace and peace to y'all.

BR Schoenbein
Amy Pettit

October 10, 2016- Monday 

3 comments:

  1. God Bless, BR. I am glad you made it back safely, and hope you find a suitable place to stay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! Thanks for all you did especially during my Cursillo weekend! You're a true friend and brother in Christ.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete