Friday, October 28, 2016

Last Day As A Single Man- A New Day Is Dawning

Tomorrow is D-Day. I have been living single now for pert near near a decade. I have not sought relationships with the opposite sex during that time and thought I was finished with marriage.

But, that was not to be. Life is full of the mystery of God. My former secretary from State Farm, Mary, unknowingly prophesied to me on my first day out on my trek across America that I would find a wife on my journey.

Of course, I scoffed at this idea as that was the last thing I expected nor wanted. I was to become an itinerant disciple proclaiming the Kingdom of God as I marched westward across the Great Plains to the Pacific.

Incredibly, this old dog is still learning new tricks. The Lord does what he pleases notwithstanding conventional wisdom or our vision of what life should look like.

These past years have been vastly more profitable for me than college and law school combined. I wouldn't trade those year's for anything.

I am slated to have dinner with Amy and her family in Georgetown this evening sometime after rehearsal. I feel as that old prophet must have felt when he was thrown into the lion's den! Just kidding. I'm looking forward to meeting Amy's dad and step mother.

It's my last day as a free man and will be spent raking the leaves fallen from the apricot tree in the Horner's back yard and finishing up on preparing my remarks for tomorrow's reception. Yikes!!

As a side note, I started my trek on April 28, 2014. It is October 28, 2016 today. It was exactly 2 and a half years ago when I left home and turned my face to the west.

So, as I embark on this new journey I commend you all to the care and keeping of God as I hope you will likewise in your prayers commend Amy and I to His Providence and protection.

Shalom and grace to you all especially to my old Illinois friends and family. I will miss having my family attend the wedding ceremony but fully understand the particulars as to why they must be absent. I am however looking very much forward to seeing my step daughter Clara tomorrow! She has always been a ray of sunshine in my life ever since I first had the fortune of meeting her when she was just a 2 year old toddler. And, she just celebrated her 18th birthday on October 20th!

She has certainly blossomed into a marvelous young lady ready to take on the world. Happy birthday sweetie!

BR Schoenbein
October 28, 2016

4 comments:

  1. Hope your wedding today was beautiful experience as two hearts become one! You and Amy are in our thoughts and prayers. We are rejoicing with You. Love, Marten and Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marten and Marty. Wished you could have made it! But, I understand completely. We love you too!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats, BR! I wish you many years of wedding bliss!

    ReplyDelete