Friday, May 16, 2014

Austin has scars on his arm from cutting himself when he was going through terrible times

Austin Bent and I talked hours at the McDonalds about his traumatic life. His dad died a few years ago leaving his mother to raise him and his brother alone. Austin went through lonely times with no one to really to help. He began cutting himself with knives  because in a strange way the emotional pain he felt inside would now seep out in the form of his blood thereby getting the relief he desperately needed.

Austin turned his life around and the only thing he needed now was a job...and lo and behold while we were talking...a few minutes ago he received a call from Walmart informing him that they were offering him a full time position!!! Wow. He has been out of a job for a year...hasn't eaten much and always worried about becoming homeless. 

He needed this job so he could eat and pay his rent so he wouldn't get kicked out of his apt!

What a story he has. Now I can see why he performs all those daredevil acts like swimming across the Mississippi and walking down the railroad bridge across the river with trains approaching.

Austin has hopes of opening an auto body shop in the future which is what he was trained for.

Told him he has inspired me with his hope. I told him that he has everything now...then I asked him if trusts in God. He replied that he is an atheist. So I talked to him about my story...and so we talked well into the evening about God.

I think there was a reason why Austin and I met!

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Bruce! As you know there are no coincidences in life. Prayers for you Both! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We spent hours just talking about life/death/relationships/God/Jesus you name it. Finally Austin had to go and we hugged and he told me he would follow the blog and try to keep in touch!

      Delete