Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 25- Into Missouri!

Last night Bill Bassnet and I met one more time. Had a great conversation over homemade burritos. Gonna miss Bill!

This morning dawned with a dark sky spitting rain. Mark Lockett called last night and wants Monica and me to come to the Wood Mansion for a laying on of hands/prayer ceremony. Jim Burns joined us too. Mark brought out a chair from the Mansion and had me sit in it on the front lawn while Mark prayed over me asking for God's providence and protection for my journey. Very moving. He prayed God's blessings would rain down on me. Soon afterward it did in fact begin to sprinkle rain. Lovely!

After a quick breakfast at McDonalds Monica drove me across the river. Pedestrians are not allowed on the bridge. I am now in Missouri holding out at the subway in West Quincy MO. The walk to Peg Haerr's is only 6-7 miles so I don't want to get there too early. Will catch up on my journal.

Cannot adequately express my sadness at leaving Monica and Dakota and all of the great people I had the fortune of meeting in Quincy. If this mission of mine accomplishes nothing but meeting these fine people it will have been a great success. This is what success is in life...doing God's particular will for your life and making relationships with others.

I am beginning to see things more clearly. I am more hopeful for the future too...something I never expected.

Well, its on to Peg Haerr's for the rest of today and tonight. Then onto Palmyra tomorrow to stay with Mercedes and Caleb Sutter. Then onto Monroe City a distance of 21 miles from Palmyra. I will need to make arrangements with a church in Monroe City.

2 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention that Mark gave me his excellent walking stick and his favorite hat too!! He has used both on the numerous hiking/camping trips he has taken. He is unbelievably generous! Thanks again Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To ALL wonderful, loving, generous People of Quincy, IL, who Took my sweet brother under their wing and treated him like Family (you know who u are:), I say, Thank You, from the bottom of my heart! God Bless you ALL! You now have a "Friend" for life:)

    ReplyDelete