Friday, May 23, 2014

Staying at Caleb's grandpa's house tomorrow at Monroe City

Caleb's grandpa came over earlier. Found out he lives over in the next town over Monroe City which is 21 miles southwest of Palmyra. I tried getting the Methodist Church to let me pitch my tent on their yard. I spoke to the secretary and she said she would refer the matter to the pastor. But the pastor never called me back.

So I will stay at Bill Miles home in Monroe City. Will have to leave at 6-630am tomorrow. Probably take me 11 hours counting breaks to get there. Yikes! Then the day after I have to walk another 21 miles to Paris! Wow!

Watching Rocky 3 right now then a cold shower then bed. Feeling and walking like a 98 year old man!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for your walk on Saturday and that you can stay hydrated. Thanking God for His provision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your prayers Teresa! They have been effective. It seems God provides right at the moment I need the help.

      Delete