Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Day 24- Quincy experience drawing to a close!

It'd been 12 days since I blew into Quincy. I stayed with Monica and Dakota the entire time. Its been memorable to say the least.

Monica has connected me to so many people from all backgrounds and experiences. There's Dakota, Monica's son, Bill Bassenet, Jim Burns, Deborah Lee, Mark Lockett, Don and Joyce McKinley, Don Robertson, Jan Barrett, Michael Smart, Cathy Raymond, Russ Lane, Austin Bent and so many more. Then there is the Bickhaus family formerly of Quincy now of Fowler.

My Illinois leg of this trip is over and the western portion is looming. The easy part is finished. Now the towns are further apart and hills more pronounced and numerous.

Its going to be hard to say goodbye to people who I have connected with even though I have only known them for about 2 weeks.

But now I have to put that all aside as I prepare/pack for the journey into Missouri tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. you are a good writer..you are making me feel sad, too! Blessings as you cross over the river...don't pass up a chance to visit with any of the fine folks you will meet in the next couple days...they can teach you how to hunt down your next meal when you are out of reach of the AC's and other good cooks around..:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why sad? Scared at the thought of being out of touch of AC's!!! Yikes!! Now I might lose some fat! Haha!

      Delete
  2. BR: Good luck with your continued trip to the West. Perhaps our family will bump into you on your westward journey as we are traveling through New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado and Kansas in early June on vacation. We will continue to pray for you. The Bickhaus Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sound great Mike! I hope to be in Denver in June sometime. Let's keep in touch. Blessings on you and your family!

      Delete
    2. If there is way you can send me your cell phone # (I think you have mine) without making it public let me know. I would suggest calling my cell phone # with your number and then I will have it in my phone. Have a good one! :)

      Delete
  3. Like I said, "Onward Christian Soldier"! God's blessings continue to be upon you:). Be safe!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete