Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Doing laundry...again

With only 1 set of clothes laundry is a constant duty out in the hills of Missouri!

Set up my tent again on the fairgrounds. My tent collapsed when I got up this morning...found out my two back stakes are completely missing. Checked several times. Strongly suspect local tweakers. I was warned about them!

I carry two extra stakes so its OK if it doesn't keep happening.

Got the name of a lady who owns the local cafe in Madison the town I am walking to tomorrow. Its 12 miles west on ole Route 24. She is Becky of Becky's Cafe. Dave Eales from Paris sent her a Facebook request for help in lining up a yard or couch or something for me tomorrow nite.

Sue the librarian knows Becky too. Will be working on accommodations for Moberly now. Will be working on lining up more speaking gigs now too.

Waiting at the local Subway Shop which is next door to the Laundromat. Charging up my phone too.

Dave wants me to drop by around 7am tomorrow to say bye as I head for Madison. Dave's article on me will be on the front page on the Monroe County Appeal! Guess its a slow news day. Haha.

Well goodnight Jim Bob. Good night John Boy. Good night Mary Ellen. Good night Mama. Good night Daddy!! Good night everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanking God for the wonderful people you are meeting as you walk across the USA. May you sleep well tonight and have a safe walk tomorrow.
    Good night BR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teresa. Cannot believe how nice people generally are! Its a wonderful surprise. I wonder...will be like this the whole way or what? Guess I will find out. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete