Sunday, May 25, 2014

Meandering down Ole Rt 24 by BR Schoenbein

Come, and gently hold my swollen hand, while we meander down to the turquoise sea on Ole Route 24.

Come, speak with me,
of far away days when skies were always blue.

Come, run with me,
As we cower from the cold torrents of an afternoon storm in an long forgotten barn snuggled away in a velvety meadow.

Come, lay with me,
over there on that cottony green shoulder by the old sycamore,
As we rest our weary and worn frames.

Now, come, and meander with me as we disappear into the shimmering distant fiery horizons along Ole Rt 24.

©- copyright 2014- BR Schoenbein

8 comments:

  1. John wants to know if you had help writting this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None. My copyright says it all. This is what happens when you don't work any more the creative juices just flow!

      Delete
  2. your hand swollen from writing? you do have a gift of putting words together! blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fluid build up going on...lymph problem. Thanks for the compliments Twyla!

      Delete
  3. Oh john hasnt been working does that mean he is going to start writting poems?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem. I like. reading your blog. Keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marge. Can't wait to get to Denver to see u guys! How's ole Jeremy???

      Delete