Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 33- At Lois Davis residence Paris MO

Staying at Lois Davis's home in Paris until Monday. I may have contracted a second episode of cellulitis in my left foot. The first episode occurred 8 months ago. It was more serious then.

Its not painful or bothersome. But, I get a fever and cold shakes during the night. But its a mild case.

I hoed the garden today. Tomorrow I will clean out the tool shed.

Lois and I talked the balance of the day about her family history both extended and immediate. She and her husband owned and operated a variety store in Paris from 1984 to 2002. They raised 3 boys Charles, Paul and Mike. Her husband, Charles senior passed away in 2008. So, Mike decided to move in with his mom to help her out. Mike is a correctional officer.

My stay here has been very nice, peaceful and relaxing. I have the entire second floor to myself.

Lois has a very fine collection of books which I am perusing daily. She is 79 and suffers from arthritis very badly. She has had surgery already and will be scheduled soon for more.

I am very glad I can help her out a little.

I am staying longer to get healed up and to attend church at Lois's church the First Baptist Church of Paris. I may be able to speak at the adult Sunday school about my travels and the reasons behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment