Friday, May 2, 2014

May 2, 2014--Friday PM

Doug Whitney introduced me to his wife, Traci, and then related to her how we just met here at the Lewistown Library. She was amazed. She just passed her State Paraprofessional test. Traci is a teacher's aide. They are both very involved in community affairs in Elmwood. Doug is on the Library Board and the town Foundation Board. Told him he should run for mayor. He then tells me that his 2 great grandfathers, I believe, had served as mayor. Wow! Doug contributed some money for my trip and I am very grateful to him and Traci. We agreed that when I come back this way we would have a party at their house!

I have only done this basically since Tuesday and I am astounded by the people I have met and the people I have known long ago who are reconnecting with me! And hats off to my MHS class of 77! They do have a lot of class. Thanks to Libby Paton Sheppard too. Libby it was great to hear the wonderful things going on in your life!

I called Pastor Randy at the Nazarene Church on the south edge of town asking for the opportunity to pitch my tent on their property. He didn't even hesitate. Told me they have 10 acres. I would be very welcomed. We agreed I would stay the weekend to attend church. We are meeting tomorrow afternoon to talk.  Again God provided! That's the story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment