Friday, May 2, 2014

May 2, 2014

There I was sitting in the library writing a letter to Delmar Litwiller when a man came into the library and proceeded to tell the librarian that he is from Elmwood but his wife had to come to Lewistown today to take a state test; so, he came just to occupy himself until she finished. He then he expressed his admiration for this old library and its architectural integrity. Its one of the many Carnegie libraries which can be found all over the country. My old town of Delavan has one and is an exact copy of this one.

Anyway, I discussed the architecture of the building with him and we talked about engineering; I then asked him if he knew a structural engineer who I used at State Farm when I worked out of Peoria named Dick Whitney. His eyes got large and he exclaimed that Dick was his dad! Well I knew Dick for 12 years give or take. So we talked for a long time about his dad who incidently passed away in 2007 from cancer at age 66.  I had no idea he had died. We then talked about my walk and all that entails.

It was great speaking with Doug Whitney! I now remember seeing him in his dad's office but we didn't know each other. Now Doug runs the business. Whitney and Associates is a very well respected engineering firm in the Peoria area.

Doug lives with his wife in Elmwood and he is on the library board there.

We both remarked that meeting like this is a God "thing'. Unbelievable!

2 comments:

  1. Thankful you are seeing Him..not only outdoors as you walk, but in all aspects of your journey..Psalm 37:23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Twyla! I am seeing God and His work everywhere I go and the people I am meeting and in the people reconnecting with me after losing contact years ago...like you!

      Delete